We like to design low-maintenance, yet attractive landscapes for the businesses we work with so that you can put your best face forward no matter what time of year. If you’d like to get a glimpse of what we can provide with our commercial landscaping services, some of the businesses we work for include Trail Appliances, La-Z-Boy, Simco Management, Diversified Staffing and Sears.
We have three generations worth of experience at Mirage Landscaping, and don’t plan to stop any time soon. We keep the city’s southeast commercial properties neat and well-kept throughout all four seasons of the year. And as we are a family-owned landscaping company, we want to help you make the most of your business property.
Custom Landscape Maintenance Plans
Our lawn care and maintenance plans are comprehensively designed to ensure your commercial property is properly taken care up throughout the spring, summer, and fall seasons.
Spring clean up services consist of aerating, power raking, and fertilizing your green spaces, as well as raking out shrub and perennial beds, and cleaning up litter and debris. As we head into May, the grass is beginning to grow and trees are finally budding. At this point in the season (once our latest April dump of snow has fully melted), we will spray for weeds in your grass, plus pull weeds from your gardens. And we know that a lot of business owners love the friendly and approachable look of annuals but just don’t have the time to plant them, so let us know if you would like us to set up your pots and annual beds for you, too.
Throughout the summer months of June and July, your lawn maintenance services will consist of a visit every week to mow and trim your lawn, as these are the fastest growing months. We will also edge your beds as needed. We will continue to weed your garden areas, and also take care of all of your litter.
In August we will put down a second application of fertilizer to keep your grass thick and healthy as the nights turn slightly cooler. We will also give your shrubs a nice trim so they don’t get overgrown. The more branches and leaves a shrub needs to maintain, the more energy it takes, and at this point in the season shrubs should be trained to concentrate on root growth over growth aboveground.
Underground Irrigation Services
The City of Calgary estimates that the water bill of its average consumer jumps by about 50 per cent during the summer months. Most of this consumption is undoubtedly attributable to all of us trying to maintain our properties. There are tricks to saving water, though, such as using mulch where you can and installing an underground irrigation system.
Automatic sprinklers apply a little water every day, which is far better than applying a lot a couple times a week. With heavy, infrequent watering, some of the moisture will simply evaporate or run off before being absorbed because the soil can’t drink it in fast enough.
Landscaping to Avoid Crime
As part of your our commercial landscaping services we can create a landscaping design for you that will make it difficult for thieves to enter and exit your property. We love to use nature to our advantage! Plants with thorns or other prickly elements are a great addition to areas you want to protect and keep people away from, such as underneath windows. These are all excellent options for the Calgary climate:
- Junipers. With long branches that grow parallel to the ground and natural thorns, junipers are excellent for keeping intruders away from building perimeters.
- Spruce trees and shrubs. Plants in the spruce family have dense, rigid, and prickly needles that form an effective barrier.
- Rhubarb. Capable of growing up to 8′ tall, rhubarb plants have large, abrasive leaves that can cover a broad diameter.
- Roses. Every rose has its thorn, and shrub roses provide outstanding ground-level cover with their dense, thorn-covered stems.
- Mountain pine. A cross between a shrub and a small tree, the mountain pine has strong, long needles with very sharp tips.
- Barberry shrubs. These drought-tolerant beauties are perfect for Alberta’s climate. We really love the pink and burgundy leaves, as they add an interesting touch of colour to yards. Plus, they have very sharp thorns, and form a practically impenetrable hedge.
- Russian Olive Trees. These have pretty, silvery leaves and sprout with yellow flowers each spring. Although they are attractive, they are also dangerous, as their sharp, strong thorns can be nearly an inch in length.
We will ensure to keep your shrubs and trees trimmed so that windows and doorways are never obscured from view.
Commercial Landscaping Services From Mirage
Mirage Landscaping specializes in serving the southeast communities of Calgary, including:
Auburn Bay, Chaparral, Chaparral Valley, Copperfield, Cranston, Douglasdale, Heritage Pointe, Lake Bonavista, Mahogany, McKenzie Lake, Mackenzie Towne, Maple Ridge, New Brighton, Odgen/Lynwood/Millican, Parkland, Riverbend, Sundance, Walden, and Willow Park.