While enjoying the very nice winter weather we’ve been having in Calgary, it’s not too early to start thinking about yard projects for the spring. Now is great time consult a landscape designer like those of us at Mirage. The more time we have to prep for your job, the better. We can ensure to have all the right materials and plants ready to go as soon as we are able to start.
Before giving us a call, make a list of your wants and needs for your yard. Would you like a pretty perennial garden for blooms throughout the summer? A grassy expanse to play games and toss a ball? What about a nice patioareato soak in the sun? Or would you prefer to have a shady spot to keep cool? Create a master plan for what you would like for the look, feel, and usages of your yard, which will help you avoid a jumble of non-functional spaces. Beautiful landscaping done by a professional landscape designer not only provides an additional space to enjoy, but also increases the value of your home. A professional landscape designer will make sure every inch of your yard is usable and attractive.
Questions to Ask Your Landscape Designer
When hiring your landscape designer it’s important to discern what they will provide for their quote. We are happy to provide references and a portfolio to you can get a good idea of what we can do.
Before you choose, be sure to inquire:
- What landscaping services will be provided? Many landscape design companies do not offer hardscaping services such as installing patios and walkways and building retaining walls. Mirage is a full-service landscaping company with experience in both hard and softscapes, and we take great pride in our workmanship.
- What is the level of expertise and experience of the company’s employees? We have three generations of experience in landscape design and maintenance specializing in serving the southeast area of the city.
- What would you recommend? Although we strive to provide exactly what you want for your landscape design, we do have a lot of experience that can come in very handy. We know what plants to put in shady areas, which trees will provide the most privacy, and what sorts of decorative stones will work best for each project. We can recommend high-quality plants, shrubs and trees that will thrive in Calgary’s climate plus improve the look of your yard.
- How long will it take for the landscaping to fill in? The cost of new plants is mainly affected by their size. If you can be patient, we can plant smaller trees and shrubs, but they will take a few seasons to fill out. If you would like your landscaping to reach maturity faster we can source larger plantings.
- How does the quote break down? Ask your potential landscape designer to detail exactly how much labour each aspect of your yard overhaul will require and what the cost will be. This can help you figure out where the bulk of your budget will go. We promise to provide a comprehensive quote at a very reasonable rate.
- What kind of warranty do you offer? We will never complete a job and simply walk away. All of our landscape design work comes with a warranty for both the construction and gardening aspects. We will replace perennials, shrubs, and trees that do not survive their first winter, and our construction projects are guaranteed to last.
Garden Additions You May Not Have Considered
In addition to installing lawns, gardens, and planting trees, we offer a number of landscape construction services that can completely transform both the look and functionality of your yard. We may recommend a retaining wall for severely sloped areas, a patio for areas that are not likely to support plant life, and even an outdoor kitchen that can be used year-round.
Mirage is Your Southeast Calgary Full-Service Landscaping Company
Beginning with your quote, through each stage of the construction process and until the last truck drives away, the owner of Mirage Landscaping will personally coordinate all aspects of your commercial or residential Calgary landscape project, giving his personal attention to every detail and offering you a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Contact us today to receive your no obligation quote.