Hiring a contractor to help with your home at any time is nerve-wracking. You are putting your trust (and your hard-earned dollars) in the skill and expertise of others, and are reliant on their honesty, integrity, and ability to deliver on their promises.
When you don’t feel as if you are being listened to, the contractor experience can become unpleasant. Nobody likes being disregarded. Your vision is the foundation of your landscaping project, and our job is to provide our clients with what they have imagined – but even better. You have the benefit of our three generations’ worth of experience in the landscape professional business, and we want to work with you, not against you, to achieve the very best results for your property.
Finding Your Landscape Professional
Quite often, our landscape professional business referrals come from other customers who are happy with our work, which is the very best way to earn clients. We are always glad to hear our landscape construction and landscape maintenance projects have made a lasting impression. It’s great when we get to meet the friends of our friends, and work hard to earn their continuous referral – and yours, too. The best part is, referrals make it easier for you to be more relaxed with us right off the bat, which always results in the best finished product.
If you are looking for someone to spruce up your commercial or residential property and have not been able to find a decent recommendation through your friends and family, we highly recommend doing some online research.
To ascertain whether your potential landscape professional is someone you will be able to work with, take a look at their:
- Website. A landscape professional you can trust will have a comprehensive website complete with descriptions of their landscape professional services (such as landscape construction and landscape maintenance). It should also have an easy way to contact the company.
- Portfolio. Landscaping companies should also be able to present a well-rounded portfolio with professional photos of all the different types of projects they have completed. Examples could include lawn care, landscape designs, retaining walls, fences, brickwork, water features, decks, and more.
- Reviews. Social media accounts for businesses can be set up to allow reviews, and business owners should not only allow them to be posted, but also be prepared to reply directly to both positive and negative comments.
How to Let Us Know What You Are Looking For
Nobody likes to have to make large decisions quickly, which is how it can feel when you meet with any sort of contractor. A landscape professional you will want to work with will listen to your vision for your property, provide suggestions as needed, and allow you the time you need to make your decisions.
If you like to be prepared, some of the things most commonly asked when meeting with a landscape professional that you can think about beforehand include:
- What is your long-term vision for your property? We can help you plan your landscaping projects in stages so that you will eventually attain your ultimate dream property. We understand that sometimes not everything can be done all at once, and in some cases it’s even better to take your time. This way you can add details such as retaining walls and patios to show off the very best details of your landscaping.
- What types of trees, shrubs, and perennials would you like to include? There are many, many, pretty varieties that thrive in Calgary. Take photos of anything you spot around the city or in your friends’ yards that interest you for your own. This is extremely beneficial for us as we help plan your yard. We can suggest placements that will allow your trees, shrubs, and perennials to grow and thrive, plus suggest others to compliment them.
- What about underground irrigation? It’s the perfect time to install underground irrigation when taking on a large landscaping project. We can design the layout of your irrigation system to perfectly water your lawn and garden areas, and you will save a lot of time, money, and water in the long run.
- What do you spend the most time doing in your yard? If you’re often outside chasing the ball with your kids, you might want a larger expanse of grass. If you’re sitting by your fire pit every evening, consider adding in a brick patio for plenty of chairs, places to put drinks, outdoor kitchen carts, and pretty lighting. If you love to sit outside, we can take advantage of the sunny and shady spots of your yard. And if you love to garden, we can create spectacular beds that will be a pleasure to tend to.
- What is your budget? This is, of course, the most obvious question. Investing in your landscaping has the potential to add value to you property, and also increases your enjoyment of your outdoor spaces.
Importance of a Landscape Construction Professional
A trained landscape professional is imperative for achieving a result you will be happy with for the long run, plus adding increased usage and more versatility.
With hundreds’ of years of experience amongst our very talented crew, we are very proud of what we do at Mirage Landscaping. We live where we work, and specialize in serving the southeast area of Calgary, including the communities of:
Auburn Bay, Chaparral, Chaparral Valley, Copperfield, Cranston, Douglasdale, Heritage Pointe, Lake Bonavista, Mahogany, McKenzie Lake, Mackenzie Towne, Maple Ridge, New Brighton, Odgen/Lynwood/Millican, Parkland, Riverbend, Sundance, Walden, and Willow Park.